• Researches and answers Property Managers’ questions regarding tenant statements.
• Reviews and approves work such as tenant credit memos, non-recurring tenant billings and questionable cash receipts for entry by Accounting Clerks.
• Prepares security deposit refund invoices and delivers to Accounts Payable department.
• Prepares tenant account analysis and reconciliations when tenants dispute charges to their accounts.
• Reviews accounts payable voucher submissions for legal and repair and maintenance expenses.
• Reviews accounts receivable agings for delinquencies, cash applications and prepaid rent application.
• Calculates and enters monthly contract item accruals such as janitorial, security and utility expenses to match expenses to period incurred, and review trial balance for reversing of same entries in next accounting period.
• Calculates and enters rehab capitalization entry.
• Prepares balance sheet tie-out to balance the general ledger and commercial management systems.
• Prepares Preview Statements and distributes to field to ensure following month’s recurring charges and past due charges are accurate.
• Calculates and records appropriate depreciation and amortization of fixed assets, tenant improvements, and leasing commissions.