The intern will assist the Property Manager in various leasing duties including: showing apartments to prospective applicants, explaining the program and eligibility requirements to interested clients in person and on the phone, assisting in processing applications for housing, reviewing applicant documentation for completeness and logging information in computer. Clerical duties include preparing/sending verification requests for income, landlord references and criminal background checks to determine eligibility. They will assist in processing/resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and preparing/closing work orders for repairs.
• Assist Property Manager in rent collection, posting and review of accounts
• Assist with application information intake and screening processes
• Maintain contact with all local agencies to provide informational material on applications
• Assist in the preparation of resident files
• Preparing and distributing a wide variety of leasing documents: Applications, Handbooks, etc.
• Inputting information in our computer software regarding Applicant/Tenant accounts
• Perform other special projects and duties as assigned